Ricardo Almeida is a retired fighter who has fought at middleweight and most recently at welterweight in the UFC. He won his most recent fight -- his debut at welterweight -- against Matt Brown. He then faced former two-time welterweight champion Matt Hughes. Hughes dropped Almeida with a left hook before choking him unconscious with a tight grimace-inducing anaconda choke.
Almeida next faced TJ Grant, defeating him via dominant unanimous decision. He made a quick turnaround to face fellow veteran Mike Pyle. Pyle defeated Almeida via unanimous decision. A days after the loss, Almeida retired.
- Matt Lindland vs. Ricardo Almeida - The fight was Almeida's UFC debut and his first loss. He lost by disqualification in the light-heavyweight bout.
- Ricardo Almeida vs. Eugene Jackson
- Andrei Semenov vs. Ricardo Almeida - The fight was Andrei Semenov's UFC debut.
- Ricardo Almeida vs. Rob Yundt - The fight was the UFC debut of Rob Yundt, and he came into the fight undefeated. The fight was Almeida's return to the UFC and to the sport, his return from retirement and his first fight since 2004 (the fight was in 2008). Yundt was a replacement for Alan Belcher.
- Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown - The fight was Almeida's welterweight debut.
- Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
- Ricardo Almeida vs. TJ Grant