Paul Buentello is a light-heavyweight and heavyweight mixed martial artist who has challenged for both the UFC and Strikeforce heavyweight titles.
After losing to Stefan Struve and Cheick Kongo in his brief return to the UFC, Buentello was most recently cut from the promotion's roster. He rebounded with a decision victory over Bryan Humes at a Shark Fights card.
He most recently faced former two-time UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia on a small-town card in Irvine, California. He was knocked out by Sylvia in the second round via an uppercut.
He next faced Kerry Schall in the Dominican Republic, winning via unanimous decision.
He was next set to make his Bellator debut in a superfight against undefeated heavyweight champion Cole Konrad. However, a mere few days before the bout was scheduled, Buentello was forced to withdraw with a back injury. The match was rescheduled for later in 2011. Konrad defeated Buentello via a boring and dominant decision.
Buentello next fought a TUF veteran Darrill Schoonover losing a unanimous decision.
Buentello next faced Igor Kostin and defeated him via third round technical knockout.
Buentello then fought Mike Cook knocking Cook out in the second round. He then rematched Kostin defeating him again via unanimous decision.
Buentello was next set to make his LFC debut at light-heavyweight against Marcus Sursa but Sursa was injured and replaced by UFC/TUF veteran James McSweeney. Buentello defeated McSweeney via second round technical knockout.
He then fought Myron Dennis for the LFC light-heavyweight title losing via split decision.
- Ricco Rodriguez vs. Paul Buentello - The fight was for the vacant King of the Cage heavyweight title with Ricco Rodriguez defending, his second and final title defense.
- Paul Buentello vs. Andy Montana - The fight ended in a knockout via high kick.
- Paul Buentello vs. Gilbert Aldana
- Paul Buentello vs. Tank Abbott - The fight was for Strikeforce.
- Gary Goodridge vs. Paul Buentello - The fight was the Affliction debut of both men and the only fight in the promotion for Gary Goodridge. Goodridge stepped in at the last minute to replace Aleksander Emelianenko as Buentello's opponent after Aleksander was denied a license minutes before the weigh-ins.
- Paul Buentello vs. Stefan Struve - The fight was Buentello's return to the UFC. Stefan Struve was replacing an injured Todd Duffee.
- Tim Sylvia vs. Paul Buentello - The fight was for the vacant Powerhouse heavyweight title or something like that.
- Paul Buentello vs. James McSweeney -James McSweeney was a late replacement for an injured Marcus Sursa.
"Don't fear me... COME ON BABY! Yeayenoe don't fear me fear the consequences baby."