He most recently fought veteran and legend Mirko Filipovic, losing via third-round rear-naked choke. He broke his right hand and foot in the fight and had to take the rest of 2010 off.
He next fought Joey Beltran in a war, battering Beltran's legs quite possibly beyond repair. Barry walked away with the unanimous decision victory.
He next faced UFC veteran Cheick Kongo. Kongo defeated Barry via an amazing first-round comeback knockout. Barry dropped Kongo twice hard and Kongo seemed like he was unconscious both times. Kongo then dropped Barry unconscious and pulled out the victory.
Barry next faced The Skyscraper, Stefan Struve. Struve defeated Barry via second-round triangle-armbar submission.
Barry next signed to face Christian Morecraft in a likely loser-leaves-town matchup in Nashville, Tennessee. He defeated Morecraft via first round knockout before posing for a "planking" picture after the post-fight interview.
Barry next signed to face hard-hitting Strikeforce veteran Lavar Johnson. Johnson knocked Barry out with a series of uppercuts near the end of a very exciting first round.
After a hiatus, Barry next signed to face Strikeforce veteran Shane Del Rosario in December 2012. Barry knocked Del Rosario out brutally in the second round.
Barry next signed to face his third consecutive Strikeforce veteran in Shawn Jordan. Jordan knocked Barry out very quickly.
Barry next signed to fight Soa Palelei in Australia. Palelei unfortunately wrestled Barry down and attained the dominant full mount position. From there Palelei landed heavy ground and pound punches knocking Barry unconscious.
A month or so later Barry decided to retire from mixed martial arts to be a coach at the end of January 2014. Barry also signed with the Glory kickboxing promotion and he was set to make his official kickboxing return for a tune-up fight outside of Glory in March 2014.
- Pat Barry vs. Dan Evensen - The fight was Barry's UFC debut. The fight was a rare finish due to low kicks. After the fight, Dan Evensen was cut.
- Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague - The fight was Barry's first mixed martial arts loss to the debuting Hague.
- Pat Barry vs. Antoni Hardonk - The fight won Barry both Fight of the Night and Knockout of the Night.
- Mirko Filipovic vs. Pat Barry - The fight was dubbed as one of the most incredible heavyweight fights of 2010 and it was Mirko Filipovic's first Submission of the Night bonus. Barry suffered a broken hand and foot during the fight.
- Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran
- Pat Barry vs. Christian Morecraft
- Pat Barry vs. Shane Del Rosario