Mike 'Quick' Swick is a retired mixed martial arts fighter and pioneer who ended his career fighting at welterweight for the UFC but he started fighting for the promotion at middleweight coming off of his stint as a light-heavyweight on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter reality show. He is recently on the bad side of a two-fight losing streak to Dan Hardy and Paulo Thiago.
In light of this losing streak and an illness of the esophagus that makes cutting weight an issue recently as well, Swick next made plans to move back up to middleweight. Instead after nearly a year of inactivity he was set to face David Mitchell at welterweight. About a week before the fight, Mitchell pulled out with a knee injury and Swick dropped out as well before a search for a replacement could even begin.
Swick next signed in May 2012 to face fellow TUF veteran and slugger Damarques Johnson. After an amazing fight, Swick knocked Johnson out in the second round to earn Knockout of the Night honors.
Swick next signed to face another TUF veteran and slugger Matt Brown on another Fox main card in December 2012. Brown knocked Swick out in the second round.
Over two years after the Brown fight Swick signed to return to fighting, to face Alex Garcia. Garcia dominated Swick en route to a unanimous decision. About a week later Swick officially retired from MMA.
- Mike Swick vs. James Gabert
- Chris Leben vs. Mike Swick - The fight was Swick's first loss. It was for the vacant WEC middleweight title.
- Mike Swick vs. Alex Shoenauer - The fight was the official UFC debut of both men. The fight earned Swick his swift nickname.
- Yushin Okami vs. Mike Swick - The fight was Swick's last as a middleweight and his first defeat inside the UFC.
- Mike Swick vs. Marcus Davis - The fight was billed as having 'title implications'.
- Mike Swick vs. Jonathan Goulet
- Mike Swick vs. Ben Saunders - The fight was the first official defeat for Ben Saunders in his mixed martial arts career.
- Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy - The fight was for the number-one contendership in the UFC welterweight division. The winner was set to face Georges St. Pierre, the champion.
- Paulo Thiago vs. Mike Swick - The fight was Swick's second straight loss and his first submission loss. It was his last fight as a welterweight, replacing his injured teammate Josh Koscheck on short notice. He moved back up to middleweight after the loss.
- Mike Swick vs. Damarques Johnson - The fight was Swick's first fight in the Octagon in nearly two years.
- Matt Brown vs. Mike Swick
- Alex Garcia vs. Mike Swick - Swick retired after the fight.