Mike Russow is a heavyweight mixed martial arts fighter currently fighting for the UFC. He has only lost once in his career thus far, to Sergei Kharitonov in Pride.
MMAbouts Wiki currently ranks Mike as the number fourteen heavyweight in the world.
After winning his debut in the UFC against fellow veteran Justin McCully, Russow went on to face the youngster holding the title of fastest knockout in the UFC -- Todd Duffee. No one gave Russow a chance, and for good reason. For nearly fifteen minutes, Duffee gassed himself out landing big shots repeatedly on Russow. Russow never wavered as he simply took the punishment without complaint until out of nowhere he landed a big right hand and knocked Duffee out cold in quite possibly the most shocking knockout in MMA history and positively the best win in Russow's career.
After taking off the rest of 2010 and recovering from a broken left arm sustained in the fight, Russow faced undefeated Jon Madsen. He handed Madsen his first loss via doctor stoppage between the second and third rounds.
Russow was next set to face prospect Dave Herman. Just over a week before the bout, Herman was unfortunately forced to pull out of the fight for controversial reasons. The matchup was scrapped altogether, as a result.
Russow then fought another Strikeforce veteran Shawn Jordan losing an upset comeback second round technical knockout. Russow was then surprisingly cut from the UFC in February 2013.
- Mike Russow vs. Brandon Quigley
- Mike Russow vs. Pat Harmon
- Mike Russow vs. Roman Zentsov
- Mike Russow vs. Jason Guida
- Mike Russow vs. Justin McCully - The fight was the UFC debut of Russow, and after the fight, Justin McCully was cut from the UFC.
- Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow - Todd Duffee came into the fight undefeated and it was the first loss of his career. For the entire fight, Russow was being demolished by Duffee's superior striking and power until Russow managed to score what no one thought was possible: a highlight reel one-punch knockout victory. This allowed him to continue on his eight-fight -- now nine-fight -- win streak. One of the most shocking knockouts I've ever seen. And if that weren't enough, Russow finished the fight with a broken left arm sustained in the war.
- Mike Russow vs. Jon Madsen - The fight was Jon Madsen's first loss.
- Shawn Jordan vs. Mike Russow - Russow was cut from the UFC afterwards.