Mike Brown is a retired featherweight fighter. He was the former featherweight champion of the WEC. He finished his career competing in the UFC.
He lost his most recent fight via knockout to Manny Gamburyan in a number-one contender match. He then fought relative unknown Cole Province on the prelims, defeating Province via relatively quick and certainly dominant first round TKO.
He made his return to the UFC after the merger, against Diego Nunes. Nunes defeated Brown via split decision after an excellent battle. Brown pulled a bit of a Chris Leben when he agreed to replace an injured Chang Sung Jung versus a debuting Rani Yahya later that same month. Yahya defeated Brown via unanimous decision. As amazing as it sounds, Brown may be on the chopping block now.
Brown next faced popular Strikeforce veteran Nam Phan, defeating him via a close unanimous decision to earn his first UFC victory.
Brown was next set to welcome lightweight ground fighter Vagner Rocha to the featherweight division. Unfortunately Brown was injured shortly before the bout was set to take place. He was replaced by Ultimate Fighter winner Jonathan Brookins.
After recovering, Brown next faced well-rounded finisher Daniel Pineda. He defeated Pineda via unanimous decision and retired after the victory.
Just over a year later in May 2013, Brown decided against retirement and signed to fight Akira Corassani in August 2013. Corassani was injured and replaced by TUF veteran Steven Siler. Siler knocked out Brown very quickly.
Brown took some more time off to rethink his commitment to the sport but when Sean Soriano was injured in February 2014 just six months after the Siler fight, Brown stepped in to fight Estevan Payan. Brown was injured and replaced by newcomer Alex White.
- Hermes Franca vs. Mike Brown - The fight was Hermes Franca's MMA debut and Brown's first loss.
- Mike Brown vs. Takeshi Yamazaki
- Masakazu Imanari vs. Mike Brown - Masakazu Imanari broke Brown's knee in the fight.
- Mike Brown vs. Leonard Garcia - The fight was for the WEC featherweight title with Brown defending.
- Mike Brown vs. Manny Gamburyan - The fight was considered by many to be a number-one contender fight for the WEC featherweight title, with the winner to face whoever won between Jose Aldo and Urijah Faber that same night. Manny Gamburyan scored a shocking knockout over the former champion Brown perhaps earning a title shot.
- Mike Brown vs. Cole Province
- Diego Nunes vs. Mike Brown - The fight was the UFC debut of Diego Nunes and the return to the Octagon for Brown.
- Rani Yahya vs. Mike Brown - Brown was a very late replacement for Chang Sung Jung, and it was his second fight in about three weeks. The fight was Rani Yahya's UFC debut.
- Daniel Pineda vs. Mike Brown - Brown retired after the fight.