Mamed Khalidov is a middleweight fighter and also the current KSW light-heavyweight champion. He is most well known for his two fights with Sengoku middleweight champion Jorge Santiago.
He most recently faced Yuki Sasaki at Sengoku's year-end event, defeating Sasaki via first-round technical knockout.
He was next set to face veteran Matt Lindland in KSW, but a few weeks before the fight Lindland pulled out of the fight due to an injury. He was replaced with UFC veteran James Irvin, despite Irvin's recent steroid suspension in the States. Khalidov defeated Irvin via a very quick armbar submission. It was a suspected work.
Khalidov next faced UFC and Strikeforce veteran Lindland and choked him unconscious in the first round with a guillotine choke submission.
Fans were given the chance to choose Khalidov's next opponent. In the early stages, they overwhelmingly chose Thales Leites. Despite that, Khalidov was next heavily rumored to be facing BAMMA middleweight champion Tom Watson.
Instead Khalidov was next set to face former WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho in KSW. Filho pulled out of the fight on short notice and UFC and Strikeforce veteran Jesse Taylor stepped in as his replacement. Khalidov defeated Taylor via first-round kneebar submission, injuring Taylor's leg in the process. After the victory, Khalidov was rumored to be next in line for a slot in the UFC.
Khalidov instead next signed to face UFC and MFC veteran Rodney Wallace. He knocked Wallace out just under two minutes into the first round.
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Adam Skupien
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Danielius Razmus
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Dave Dalgliesh
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Daniel Acacio - The fight was for the vacant KSW light heavyweight championship.
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Jorge Santiago 1 - The fight -- Khalidov's Sengoku debut in a non-title matchup against middleweight champion Santiago -- was a big upset.
- Mamed Khalidov vs. James Irvin - James Irvin was a replacement for an injured Matt Lindland.
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Matt Lindland
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Jesse Taylor - The fight was Jesse Taylor's KSW debut, stepping in on late notice to replace an injured Paulo Filho.