Luis Cane is a mixed martial arts fighter known for his aggressiveness and knockout power. He is a middleweight fighter and formerly a light-heavyweight fighter.
Cane most recently faced off against fellow dangerous striker Cyrille Diabate in Diabate's debut inside the Octagon. In a hard-hitting yet short war, Diabate knocked Cane unconscious with a series of punches. With the loss, Cane is on a two-fight losing streak with back-to-back knockout losses to Diabate and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
After some time off, Cane was next set to face Karlos Vemola. Vemola suffered a mouth infection a few weeks before the bout and pulled out. He was replaced by well-rounded Eliot Marshall. Cane defeated Marshall via first-round technical knockout. He next faced undefeated newcomer Stanislav Nedkov, losing via first-round technical knockout and probably sealing his fate inside the UFC.
Instead, Cane next dropped to middleweight after the loss. He made his debut against Chris Camozzi, losing via unanimous decision in his native Brazil. After the second straight loss and his fourth loss in five fights, Cane was cut from the UFC.
- Luis Cane vs. Damien Stelly
- James Irvin vs. Luis Cane - The fight was Cane's UFC debut and his first official loss, by disqualification due to a bad illegal knee.
- Luis Cane vs. Jason Lambert
- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Luis Cane - After the fight, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou was cut from the UFC.
- Luis Cane vs. Steve Cantwell - Steve Cantwell was on a four-fight win streak.
- Luis Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate - The fight was Cyrille Diabate's UFC debut. The loss was also Cane's second straight knockout loss.
- Luiz Cane vs. Eliot Marshall - Eliot Marshall was a late replacement for an injured Karlos Vemola.
- Stanislav Nedkov vs. Luis Cane - The fight was the long-anticipated UFC debut of undefeated prospect Stanislav Nedkov.
- Chris Camozzi vs. Luis Cane - After the fight, Cane was cut from the UFC.