Joe Doerksen is a retired middleweight mixed martial artist who was known for his submission skills. He fought in the UFC, Sengoku and the WEC.
He most recently returned to the UFC after two years away from the promotion, replacing an injured Tim Credeur to fight against Tom Lawlor with about two or three weeks notice. He defeated Lawlor via second-round rear-naked choke after Lawlor gassed.
He most recently faced upstart C.B. Dollaway, losing via guillotine. He next faced Dan Miller, losing via split decision. After the loss to Miller, Doerksen was cut from the UFC. He next faced Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard for Lombard's CFC middleweight title. Lombard defeated Doerksen via first-round doctor stoppage to hand him his third straight loss.
Doerksen next faced fellow UFC veteran Luigi Fioravanti. He defeated Fioravanti via a very close and exciting unanimous decision.
Doerksen next faced Bellator veteran Brett Cooper. Cooper defeated Doerksen via vicious first round TKO.
Doerksen next fought Joel Powell defeating Powell via second round rear-naked choke submission.
He then fought Kalib Starnes who was coming out of retirement for the bout. He defeated Starnes via unanimous decision.
Doerksen next fought Mike Kent. He defeated Kent via first round armbar submission before next defeating Tony Lopez via unanimous decision at light-heavyweight. A little under a year later Doerksen retired from MMA, stating "I can still tie my shoes and remember my name" after sixty-seven fights.
- Joe Doerksen vs. Mark Jaquith - The official result was submission by armbar but that was an omoplata.
- Joe Doerksen vs. Lee Murray - The fight, in 2000, was the finals of a four-man middleweight tournament for the Extreme Challenge promotion. Lee Murray came in undefeated and the fight was one of only two losses in his relatively short mixed martial arts career. Doerksen had defeated Mark Jaquith earlier that night, and Murray had defeated Chris Albandia.
- Egan Inoue vs. Joe Doerksen
- Denis Kang vs. Joe Doerksen
- Chris Leben vs. Joe Doerksen - It was for the 'Freestyle Fighting Championships' middleweight title haha with Doerksen defending, and a main event. Chris Leben came into the fight undefeated.
- Joe Riggs vs. Joe Doerksen - The fight was the UFC debut of both men.
- Joe Doerksen vs. Ed Herman 1
- Joe Doerksen vs. Patrick Cote
- Matt Lindland vs. Joe Doerksen
- Joe Doerksen vs. BJ Lacy
- Paulo Filho vs. Joe Doerksen - The fight was for the vacant WEC middleweight title.
- Joe Doerksen vs. Izuru Takeuchi - The fight was Doerksen's Sengoku debut.
- C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen - C.B. Dollaway netted an impressive submission victory over the veteran Doerksen.
- Dan Miller vs. Joe Doerksen - After the fight, Doerksen was cut.
- Hector Lombard vs. Joe Doerksen - The fight was for the CFC middleweight title with Hector Lombard defending.
- Joe Doerksen vs. Luigi Fioravanti