Jason MacDonald is a retired fighter who competed in the middleweight division of the UFC and in the middleweight division of the MFC.
He most recently lost in his return to the UFC, breaking his ankle and forcing to surrender the TKO victory to John Salter. After spending most of the rest of 2010 recovering, he was set to face Rafael Natal next in December.
Instead, MacDonald suffered another injury and he was replaced by Octagon newcomer Jesse Bongfeldt. After recovering, he faced Ryan Jensen. He defeated Jensen via impressive first-round triangle choke submission. He is next set to face returning contender Alan Belcher. MacDonald stated before the fight that he was planning a "Chris Lytle moment" in that he planned to retire after the Belcher fight, win lose or draw.
Belcher defeated MacDonald via devastating first round technical knockout. MacDonald apparently did not retire after the bout, because he was next rumored to face TUF veteran Tom Lawlor in a possible loser-leaves-town bout.
Lawlor knocked MacDonald out in less than a minute. There were rumors that MacDonald would retire after that loss as well, but they were dispelled by the UFC themselves. Apparently they wanted to give MacDonald a last chance, perhaps at one of their Canadian events.
MacDonald was on the shelf for months and months until formally retiring on March 1st, 2013.
- Jason MacDonald vs. Antony Rea
- Jason MacDonald vs. Chris Leben
- Rich Franklin vs. Jason MacDonald - The fight was Rich Franklin's first after losing the title to Anderson Silva. MacDonald had a two-fight reach advantage and a two-fight height advantage, as well.
- Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald - MacDonald had a seven-and-a-half inch reach advantage over Yushin Okami.
- Wilson Gouveia vs. Jason MacDonald - Wilson Gouveia did not make weight and he forfeited a portion of his purse to MacDonald.
- Nate Quarry vs. Jason MacDonald - After the fight, MacDonald was cut if you pardon the pun.
- Jason MacDonald vs. Travis Lutter
- Jason MacDonald vs. John Salter - The fight was MacDonald's return to the UFC.