Gesias Cavalcante Souza is a Brazilian mixed martial artist.
Dream and StrikeforceEdit
Cavalcante most recently defeated Katsunori Kikuno via unanimous decision.
He next fought former two-time Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson in his own Strikeforce debut, for the number-one contendership in the division. Thomson won a highly controversial unanimous decision in what was nonetheless a great fight.
Cavalcante next faced Justin Wilcox in Strikeforce. After losing the first round, Cavalcante landed an accidental eye poke to Wilcox at the start of the second. Wilcox was unable to continue and the fight was called a no-contest.
Gesias was next set to face Lyle Beerbohm. Instead, Beerbohm was injured and replaced by former KOTC lightweight champion and Strikeforce newcomer Bobby Green. Cavalcante defeated Green via a close and exciting split decision.
World Series of FightingEdit
Cavalcante next made his World Series of Fighting debut against TJ O'Brien defeating O'Brien via a first round Achilles lock submission.
He next signed to face undefeated Justin Gaethje losing via a controversial first round doctor stoppage after suffering a cut during the high-paced exchanges.
Cavalcante next signed to fight welcome WSOF newcomer and UFC veteran Tyson Griffin. The winner of the fight would earn a spot in the first WSOF lightweight tournament. Cavalcante defeated Griffin via an impressive third round technical knockout.
Cavalcante next signed to fight a rematch against Gaethje for the inaugaral WSOF lightweight title. Cavalcante was unfortunately quickly injured and replaced by Lewis Gonzalez.
After recovering Cavalcante signed in May 2014 to fight UFC veteran and newcomer Melvin Guillard.
- Gesias Cavalcante vs. Bart Palaszewski
- Gesias Cavalcante vs. Hidetaka Monma
- Gesias Cavalcante vs. Hiroyuki Takaya - The fight was in the quarterfinals of the K-1 HERO's 2006 middleweight grand prix.
- Gesias Cavalcante vs. Rani Yahya - The fight was in the semifinals of the K1 HERO's 2006 middleweight grand prix.
- Caol Uno vs. Gesias Cavalcante - The fight was the finals of the K-1 HERO'S 2006 middleweight grand prix. Earlier that day, Cavalcante had defeated Rani Yahya by guillotine within thirty-nine seconds. Caol Uno had defeated Ivan Menjivar by unanimous decision.
- Gesias Cavalcante vs. Nam Phan
- Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Gesias Cavalcante
- Gesias Cavalcante vs. Katsunori Kikuno
- Gesias Cavalcante vs. Josh Thomson - The fight and its controversial decision was the Strikeforce debut of Gesias Cavalcante.
- Justin Wilcox vs. Gesias Cavalcante