David Heath is a fighter best known for his short stint in the UFC's light-heavyweight division. He was cut from the promotion's roster after losses to current UFC light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Renato Sobral in a controversial fight, and a debuting Tim Boetsch. He floated about in smaller promotions, settling primarily with the Canada-based Maximum Fighting Championships.
Notably, he was set to replace Travis Galbraith against Murilo Rua on the first pay-per-view card for Shine Fights on May 16, 2010. Contractual issues with one of the main event fighters, boxer Ricardo Mayorga, shot the card down. Many of the fighters weren't paid, including Heath, and he decided to file a suit against the promotion in September, just in time for their next card: their second pay-per-view attempt.
He most recently faced Solomon Hutcherson at middleweight in the MFC. After a dominant first round by Hutcherson in which he got his nose broken from the bottom by a Heath punch or elbow, Heath came back to dominate the second round himself. He eventually knocked Hutcherson out with a Superman right punch from hell.
He was next set to face Glover Teixeira in MFC, but Teixeira pulled out of the fight and UFC veteran Rodney Wallace replaced him on about a week's notice. Heath dropped a close unanimous decision loss to Wallace. He is next set to face Marvin Eastman.
- David Heath vs. Sean Salmon - The fight was Heath's second fight in fifteen days. Both men came in undefeated, and I'll hazard a guess as this is Sean Salmon's first career loss.
- Lyoto Machida vs. David Heath - Heath was a replacement for Lyoto Machida's original opponent, Forrest Griffin, who pulled out due to a staph infection. Both fighters came into the fight undefeated and it was the first loss for Heath in his career.
- Renato Sobral vs. David Heath - After the fight, Renato Sobral was cut and banned permanently from the UFC because he held an anaconda choke after the referee stopped the fight, long after a bloodied Heath had lost consciousness. The referee was Steve Mazzagatti.
- Tim Boetsch vs. David Heath - The fight was Tim Boetsch's UFC debut, replacing injured Tomasz Drwal on short notice, only ten days' notice.
- David Heath vs. Wayne Cole
- Mike Nickels vs. David Heath - The fight was the MFC debut of Mike Nickels. Only one word could describe the fight and that word was war.
- David Heath vs. Solomon Hutcherson
- Rodney Wallace vs. David Heath - The fight was Rodney Wallace's MFC debut. Wallace was a late replacement for Glover Teixeira.