Daniel Acacio is a mixed martial artist who fights interchangeably at both welterweight and middleweight, preferring middleweight. He has fought in Pride. He has fought such notable fighters as Rousimar Palhares, Mamed Khalidov, Delson Heleno (twice), Akihiro Gono, Pete Spratt and Kazuo Misaki. Acacio is the current Superior Challenge welterweight champion.
He most recently faced notoriously dangerous British striker Paul Daley at welterweight, losing in the third round after he verbally submitted due to elbows. He next fought David Bielkheden, winning via controversial split decision.
He next fought Diego Gonzalez, winning via unanimous decision and defending his Superior Challenge welterweight title. Acacio next fought for and captured another belt when he knocked out Fatality Arena's welterweight champion Felipe Arinelli in the first round.
Acacio next fought Sergio Junior in Brazil, winning via first round knockout.
He is next set to fight Yuki Sasaki.
- Daniel Acacio vs. Daiju Takase
- Rousimar Palhares vs. Daniel Acacio - The fight was in the finals of the Fury FC 2007 Middleweight grand prix. Earlier that night, in the semifinals, Acacio had defeated Andre Mikito and Rousimar Palhares had defeated Fabio Nascimento. The fight was Palhares's last fight before he entered the UFC.
- Mamed Khalidov vs. Daniel Acacio - The fight was for the vacant KSW light heavyweight championship.
- Paul Daley vs. Daniel Acacio - The fight was the Impact FC debut of both men and it was Paul Daley's first fight outside of the UFC.
- Daniel Acacio vs. Sergio Junior
- Pete Spratt vs. Daniel Acacio - Pete Spratt was a very late replacement for an injured Josh Burkman. He scored what should have been the most amazing comeback knockout of 2012 with less than a second left in the fight. Instead, the fight was scored a unanimous decision victory.