Brian Bowles is the former WEC bantamweight champion, with a notable win over champion Miguel Torres to win the belt.
Bowles's most recent fight came against Dominick Cruz in which he lost the belt by doctor stoppage. He was next set to fight Wagnney Fabiano after recovering but a month before the fight, he broke his foot and was replaced by Joseph Benavidez.
He next made his UFC debut after the merger in a rematch against Damacio Page. It was the exact same result as the first fight: Bowles won via guillotine choke at 3:30 of the first round. He next faced Takeya Mizugaki, defeating Mizugaki via unanimous decision.
Bowles next faced former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber for the next shot at Dominick Cruz's bantamweight title. In the second round, Faber dropped Bowles with a massive uppercut and finished him with a mounted guillotine choke submission.
Bowles next took a hiatus of well over a year before signing to return against George Roop. Roop defeated Bowles via a second round upset technical knockout. After the fight Bowles tested positive for an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio. After an extended inquiry, Bowles was suspended in August 2013 for nine months and fined 30 percent of his fight purse.
- Brian Bowles vs. Marcos Galvao - Bowles had the four-inch reach advantage. The fight was Marcos Galvao's WEC debut.
- Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page 1
- Brian Bowles vs. Miguel Torres - The fight was for the WEC bantamweight title with Miguel Torres defending.
- Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page 2 - The fight was the UFC debut of both men, and it was a rematch of their previous bout in the WEC. Both fights ended with Brian Bowles the victor, at 3:30 of the first round, via guillotine choke.
- Brian Bowles vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles - The fight was for the UFC bantamweight number one contendership.