Amir Sadollah is the middleweight winner of the seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter reality show, after which he immediately dropped to welterweight.
Amir most recently fought against Dong Hyun Kim, losing via dominant ground control en route to a lopsided unanimous decision.
Sadollah next fought Peter Sobotta, winning via unanimous decision. He broke the record for leg kicks in a UFC fight with 46. He was next set to face striker Duane Ludwig. Ludwig was injured and replaced with James Wilks. Wilks was injured two weeks before the bout as well and replaced by Damarques Johnson. Amir defeated Johnson via second round submission due to elbows. A rematch was discussed.
Afterwards, Sadollah was again set to face Ludwig. The veteran Ludwig defeated Sadollah via dominant unanimous decision.
After recovering he did fight Lopez defeating him via a close, controversial and uneventful split decision. He then fought veteran Dan Hardy losing a relatively exciting unanimous decision.
Amir next signed to fight prospect Stephen Thompson.
- Amir Sadollah vs. C.B. Dollaway - The fight was a rematch of their fight on the seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter. It was to decide the middleweight winner of the season. The fight was Sadollah's professional mixed martial arts debut and the official UFC debut of both men. The fight was C.B. Dollaway's first official MMA defeat of only two thus far.
- Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn - The fight was Brad Blackburn's first defeat in the UFC.
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah - Dong Hyun Kim came in officially undefeated.
- Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta - After the fight, Peter Sobotta was cut. In the fight, Sadollah broke the record for leg kicks in a single UFC match with forty-six.
- Amir Sadollah vs. Damarques Johnson - Damarques Johnson was a late replacement for an injured James Wilks who was himself a replacement for an injured Duane Ludwig.
- "Every victory is an epic victory. Every step towards your ultimate goal is a victory." - Amir Sadollah in 2011.